Anyways, I worked him a bit harder than I had been. In other words, I just got on him and kept him moving at a fast trot through all the turning and twisting. I probably won't be able to hang on quite as well tomorrow morning because my legs will be more tired.
He did okay. Nothing spectacular...at least I got a lope out him once. (Which means he was behaving well enough.)
After lunch, I went to the post office and mailed the Rebel Gray Socketeer's entire inventory of hand-knitted wool socks off to Mrs. K. She has kindly agreed to take them up to the June 27-30th Gettysburg reenactment!
From there, I immediately went to our place and got to work on the fence. I didn't wear out as fast as I was two weeks ago--for which I am quite thankful. Still for all that, I only got two H-frames built, plus another post stuck in the ground. (I had a little trouble with the cross bars on the H-frames.) By the way, I found that if I sing while sawing off the ends of the post for the cross bars that I saw smoother!
I would have done a litte more (like string some barbed-wire), but there was weather building up to the east and the thunder had started rumbling. Still, I finished off the last H-frame and scowled with concentration. I decided to go ahead and plant that final post. I almost put two in between those H-frames, but decided they were close enough together than a single post would work fine. (I figured that is what Daddy would have told me to do, even though I think that two would have looked better!)
I came home, fed the critters, cleaned myself up (includes washing my hair--which has turned into an almost daily thing anymore), and am now beginning to feel the pangs of hunger. I think I'll go set the table....