I got Mama to put curlers in my hair this morning. They are so-called "hot-rollers" (you heat them) and supposedly not really supposed to go in wet hair, but, even though I washed my hair this morning, we went ahead and stuck them in. I left them in all morning before taking them out shortly before lunch. (They were slipping out and I was getting a tiny bit of a headache.)
I don't have any pictures of the actual process of getting them in. I serious doubt that I could ever put the things in myself. I have too much hair!
However...here's the aftermath. ;P
Today I once again turned my attention to yet another attempt at cutting out my "dress with the buttons all the way up". I'm essentially doing some version of this dress:
Thus it was then, that I found myself going to town with Mama. I got my fabric (and four yards of 45" material had better work!!) and the buttons and I look forward to actually getting started on it tomorrow! (The best part--all that stuff was on sale.) We also got fabric for Mama's dress.
In the interim period between discovering that the sear sucker wouldn't work and lunch, I cut out the pattern that my ball dress is supposed to be based off. Mama has suggested that I make a mock-up first to make sure the pattern actually fits like it's supposed to. I think that's a great idea...
Oh, and just in case you're curious, by now, most of the curls have quite relaxed--probably partly due to being out in the misty, rainy weather. ;)