First, I spent the morning (and right after lunch), back working on The Cow Cavalry. Jordan sent me the very last voice over clip Saturday (I think it was...maybe it was Friday evening) and I "knew" when I got up this morning that I was going to work on it today. I spent awhile feeling frustrated and complaining to various sympathetic members of the family about the quality of the audio. I was even talking about starting completely over with the unedited audio clips--not that I really wanted to do that...
Finally, after getting Jordan's clip dropped in and the AE made for it and in place, I started working through from the very beginning again. Roughly 15 minutes in, I wasn't feeling nearly as frustrated. Turns out, it really doesn't sound as bad as I remembered--except for half a dozen clips. I will work on those again; probably starting tomorrow. I think it would make sense since my head got re-established into the project again today.
In addition to that, I began (during renders and letting the computer catch up with itself) to design how I am going to put the Cow Cav rosters up on the the website. I also got sidetracked chasing down a fellow my great-grandfather used to play poker with...history is too much fun sometimes!!
After I washed the lunch dishes, I headed out to see if I could help Mama any--even though I really didn't feel like working very hard. After planting a few peppers, I came in to get the next med on the schedule and bring her out a grapefruit. I also switched hats since I had decided that I was going to mow the yard.
Well, I had gotten roughly half of it done when I had to dip my head to keep my cowboy hat from flying off the back of my head (ribbons tied under buns don't help that much when the wind is from the front) and I turned at the same instant...and hit this old telephone poll in the junk pile with the deck. AND...I bent the cowling in and the blade got hung up in it. It took me another few feet to realize that something was wrong.
I turned the PTO off and put the machine in neutral, throttling down. I crawled off the machine and reached under. Nope...no go. I couldn't turn the blade on that one side. I didn't realize until I had the thing up on the ramps that the blade was actually poking through the cowling. Daddy saw me stop and crawl around on my knees, so he came and looked it over. He fixed the bent cowling and I gamely went off--first to fill up my gas tank...and then before I switched the PTO back on, Mama asked me to get her another jug of water...so it was probably around 5-10 minutes later that I started mowing again. Almost immediately I quit. That side was still not mowing. Yes, sirree...I broke the pulley!! Seriously. This is only the second time I have mowed this year and this is already the second time I have broken the mower!!
I helped Daddy take the pulley off and he sent me into the house with it...and while I was going, I heard him laugh. :) He said he wasn't laughing at me...but I guess I deserved it even if he was.
So you see, I really did have a Monday mishap...